The 86th annual Academy Awards AKA The Oscars proudly presents its winners featuring 12 Years a Slave, Dallas Buyers Club and Her. The exciting event was not only viewed globally through live footage and photos, but also intimately shared with the viewers via tweets and Instagram “selfies.” Bradley Cooper and Ellen Degenerate’s selfie crashed twitter and gained over a million likes and re-tweets within an hour. We can see why – so many beautiful faces in one photo that arguably Kevin Spacey owned with his cheeky bemused expression.
British actor Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) photo-bombed a perfectly posed photograph during the event, showing us all that celebs enjoy banter as much as anyone.
To summarise this glamorous and exiting event A have compiled the best-dressed men and women from the event.
- 12 Years a Slave actress Lupita Nyong’o stunned the crowd with her elegant yet sexy white plunge dress.
- Jennifer Laurence owned the red carpet with her matching red peplum dress, looking as beautiful as ever.
- The Oscar winner Jared Leto looked as as ever with his crisp white suit and red satin bowtie.
- British star Emma Watson made us proud with her simple figure hugging metallic grey & black number
- Leo kept it simple with his classic black tuxedo and Jennifer Meyer cufflinks proving he can never get it wrong
- Although Bradley Cooper received more attention from his famous selfie, his black suit also does him justice
- Naomi Watts together with Lupita Nyong’o proves that white is the colour of The Oscars 2014. She wears a classic Calvin Klein dress with a spider web Bulgari necklace
- Kate Hudson styles it up with an injection of Hollywood glamour with her V-neck Versace glamorous dress
- And finally the last but not least goes to one of the most sexiest couples in Hollywood, Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie.
By Hayley Smeulders