Got itchy feet and planning your summer trip? Here at A we have complied a few simple do’s & don’ts of travelling to bear in mind whilst you explore the world.
- Don’t snore. It will annoy everyone in your hostel room.Oh dear.
- Don’t be the slob. Nobody likes someone with low levels of cleanliness that refuses to clean up after themselves.
- Be selfish. You are on your own unique personal journey enjoying your new found freedom from studying, work or life in general so do and see what makes you happy.
- Do something that scares you. Jump out of a plane, hold a snake or simply make friends with strangers
- Try new foods and embrace different cultures
- Talk to people you wouldn’t normally. Making international friends is excellent for your next trip!
- Respect the local culture
- Drink and have fun. But don’t let it ruin experiences such as getting up for that once in a lifetime sunrise or missing your bus / boat / plane to your next location!
- Try not to turn into a phone addict. Yes it will be exciting when the bar / hostel / wall has free wifi, but remember you are travelling to gain new experiences, do not waste your time on social media.
- And finally don’t follow the guide book too closely. Some of the best experiences you will have may be accidental, so embrace them.
Happy travels from A!
By Hayley Smeulders