New York City is the backdrop of thousands of films and is one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world. Whether you travel for work, pleasure or decide to start a new life and embrace the opportunities NYC has to offer we recommend a trip to this city.
Native dwellers call it the”The Centre of the Universe,” as the city holds vast amounts of concentrated power and is the capital of finance, publishing, theatre, advertising, art, fashion, and broadcasting, entertainment, food and much more.
We have complied 5 reasons why you must visit NYC whilst you are young.
- Central Park – This & Time’s Square are probably the most iconic images that comes to mind when you think of NYC. The fact that there is a beautiful green park juxtaposing the city lights is idyllic. It allows you to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and view it from another angle, whatever the season be it snowy January or on a glowing autumn evening. The park will bring to life all the movies you have enjoyed throughout the years!
- Times Square – New York is known as the city that never sleeps, and this is certainly true for Times Square. Walking down the electric high-street is mind blowing due to the abundance of adverts, lights and interactive features. A Broadway show is a must do whilst in NYC as it is the birth place of American theatre and the arts. Times Square is a fantastic location to stay in however prepare to hear the noises of the city throughout the night.
- The Nightlife – Underground secret untouched bars that ooze exclusiveness and class are not be missed whilst in NYC. Little Branch located on 22 7th Ave South appears dingy on the outside but has a high level of chicness and class with offerings of cocktails and homemade pretzels with ambient live jazz. On the quirkier side of the spectrum there is the 124 Old Rabbit Club in the Greenwich Village. The perfect way to unwind from a busy day of sight seeing!
- The Culture & Fashion – NYC has provided the cultural inspiration for TV shows like Friends, Seinfeld, Saturday Night Live, NYPD Blue, Sex & The City, and Law & Order, as well as numerous music such as rap artist Salt-N-Pepper and creatives like Woody Allen. NYC has many museums and orchestras on offer in order to gain an insight of this inspiration. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is home to 2 million works of art; the Guggenheim Museum, designed by master architect Frank Lloyd Wright and featuring an acclaimed collection of modern art works and the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) the most influential modern art museum in the world. In terms of fashion NYC has it all, Macy’s and Bloomingdales are exciting department stores that offer everything. If you enjoy chocolate visit the M&M shop and Hershey’s – but be warned the smell of the shop will make you hungry.
- 24 Cupcake ATM’s – Finally a cute unique selling point NYC has is it’s brand new 24 cupcake dispenser machines. This is a huge tourist novelty and makes getting that naughty treat that little bit more exciting. After a day visiting the city it may be time for a sugar boost or after a night partying in the exciting city to satisfy your midnight munchies.
Watch the machine in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItEqch5awU
By Hayley Smeulders